custom IE toolbar disable addon button
Sue
2011-04-22 20:08:06 UTC

I have a toolbar for IE and Microsoft place a little "X" button on the
left side of the toolbar. And when you click the "X", a dialog box
appears asking you if you want to disable the addon. I want to show my
own dialog box when user click the little "X" mark. Can anyone tell me
how to do this? If you download Yahoo toolbar or Bing bar, they have
the same thing. I am wondering how did they do this.
yurikus
2011-05-12 20:07:21 UTC
Post by Sue
Hi,
I have a toolbar for IE and Microsoft place a little "X" button on the
left side of the toolbar. And when you click the "X", a dialog box
appears asking you if you want to disable the addon. I want to show my
own dialog box when user click the little "X" mark. Can anyone tell me
how to do this? If you download Yahoo toolbar or Bing bar, they have
the same thing. I am wondering how did they do this.
When replying to IDeskBand::GetBandInfo notification, do either of
these:

if (pdbi->dwMask & DBIM_TITLE)
{
pdbi->dwMask &= ~DBIM_TITLE;

// Presence of DBIM_TITLE is required for the
// rebar child window to be offset correctly
// to show the band's close button
// ::lstrcpyW(pdbi->wszTitle, L"");
}
m***@gmail.com
2012-11-01 09:03:32 UTC
I have same quastion. I can remove "X" button by doing so, but I don't know how to open disable dialog that appears when default "X" button is clicked or when select "disable" in Google Toolbar's original "X" button window instead of select "hide".

Do you have an idea?